The Banner

Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Ticket Stub Section Options · View
Crungy
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:32:40 PM

The various rescheduled dates wreek havoc on trying to browse through this section via the "next stub" click. You just keep goin' round and a round and a round....
Your Overlord
Posted: Sunday, June 29, 2008 1:50:02 PM

Crungy wrote:
The various rescheduled dates wreek havoc on trying to browse through this section via the "next stub" click. You just keep goin' round and a round and a round....

Crap...

Didn't think of that. think

I'll see what I can do.
Your Overlord
Posted: Sunday, July 20, 2008 10:15:08 AM

The cycling through of the various kinds of flair items is all messed up. I know how to fix it now, but I am going to cruise through getting the rest the flair up to the site in the next few weeks and will then focus on cleaning up the behavior.

There are two main problems right now.

1. The flair items for canceled shows that were eventually played on a later date screw up the cycling buttons because the item is associated with two different shows. The canceled one and the real one. This problem also happens when a single flair item is associated with more than one real show like a poster that advertises a series of shows. I have a plan to get around this but I will be chasing my tail until I get all of the flair items up so I'll wait until then.

2. If a given show has more than one piece of flair of the same type then all pieces beyond the first one are being skipped when cycling through all pieces of that type. Basically, when cycling through ads, for example, you will get to an ad associated with a certain show. IF there are more than one ad for that show you would expect that clicking the 'next ad' button would give you the second ad of the show, but what is happening is that you are getting the first ad of the next show. This is an easy one to fix, but I will fix it when all of the flair gets up there.
Your Overlord
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 7:46:56 AM

Finally, this stuff has all been fixed. Smile

It is a lesson in doing things right the first time in that I hadn't considered all of the ramifications when I first set up these pages and I had to go back to retrofit things.

Cycling through all of the flair items now works smoothly. Nothing gets skipped and nothing gets stuck.

I'm glad to put this behind me because fixing these problems was taking up a lot of my time and now I can spend it on adding new features.